1) To train and sensitize judicial officers, police units, social workers, medical officers and other categories of persons who handle cases of sexual violence in the Great Lakes Region;
2) To develop regional coordination and standardized curricula that provide common skills, common frameworks and a common access to content, materials and the database as well as training on resolutions; standards and policies as well as on protocols and frameworks of the ICGLR, AU and UN instruments on sexual violence;
3) To provide regional knowledge-generation, scientific evidence gathering, early warning, documentation and sharing framework that encompasses running a website network and new media activities, as well as facilitating demand led networking events and a regional SGBV training network available to training stakeholders;
4) To provide policy oriented research to inform training materials for practitioners in the management of SGBV cases;
5) To provide a database of regional and international technical experts and a technical assistance as well as regional and national SGBV training needs for quality enhancement of SGBV training across the Region.